Kim Fischer is a FBI Special Agent and a series regular, along with Dennis Abbott. She is described as an intelligent and attractive, 30 something year old ex-homicide detective from Dallas who is not afraid to stand up for herself.
She made her first appearance in My Blue Heaven.
The Mentalist official site describes Kim Fischer as follows:
Kim Fischer is a Senior Special Agent with the FBI's Austin field office. She was born and raised in the south by her lawyer parents, both of whom were driven by their careers. Their ambition placed an emphasis on success and excellence in Fischer's life. From an early age, Fischer pushed herself in academics, athletics, and anything else at which she could prove herself. It was that determination that placed her in the top of her college class and right into the FBI academy.
While she continued to excel in the FBI, her no holds barred approach to the job caused problems for her. Some in the FBI saw her attitude as reckless and thought she needed more experience. Fischer didn't care either way. She had promised herself long ago that she would not worry about what others thought, and simply do her best all the time.
It was her savvy and disregard for criticism that garnered the attention of Supervisory Agent Dennis Abbott. He recruited her to his team to help find and recruit Patrick Jane. Fischer went undercover to lure Jane back to the states and succeeded in bringing him on to the team with a little mentalism of her own. It was a difficult task but now she is working with the greatest closer in law enforcement history.
At the season 7 premiere episode Nothing But Blue Skies, it was mentioned that Fischer transferred to Seattle FBI office to tend to her mother who suffered a stroke.
- She is only main cast member that never appear in season premiere.
- Kim, along with Michelle, has the lowest episode count among main characters. Michelle appears in 10 episodes and Kim appears in 11 episodes.
- Kim technically appeared in 14 episodes, but during the first three episodes she was reccurring.
- Kim is the only former main cast member who never appears in final season.
- Because of her looks, her red hair and being a very attractive and intelligent woman, it is possible that Kim Fischer is the counterpart of Grace Van Pelt within the FBI.